Flood one side of the floor, then seal the other side to set up a dribble drive for an attacking layup or a kick-out pass for a 3-pointer against a 2-3 zone. MORE
Change Options When Entering To 1-4 High Leads To Backdoor Lob
A guard runs off a pair of inside screens by the forwards at the elbows to come free on the backside for a lob pass at the hoop for a high-percentage shot.
Why use it
1-4 High set plays clear space near the hoop. By creating movements on the perimeter, it keeps defensive focus away from the basket and sets up easy scoring opportunities.
Go from a 1-4 High look with your forwards at the elbows and the guards on the wings with the point guard dribbling at the top of the set.
How to play
- 3 sprints toward the hoop dragging the defender in that direction. 4 steps toward 2.
- 2 curls toward the middle of the floor .
- 4 turns to the ball and 1 enters it to 4.
- 5 takes a step high and picks off 2’s trailing defender.
- 2 runs hard off the screen and now is curling toward the hoop.
- 3 clears to the right corner to create space near the basket.
- 3’s defender must follow 3 to the corner, otherwise, 4 passes to 3 for the open shot .
- 4 throws an over-the-top pass to 2 heading to the basket. 2 catches and shoots before any defender recovers.
- 5 crashes the boards as 1 relocates to the wing running off 4, just in case the lob to 2 isn’t open .
4’s and 5’s defenders must stay close to their defensive responsibilities, otherwise, either is open for a mid-range jumper. 2 wants to catch and shoot quickly.