Shift the defense one way, drop a low screen in the lane and free a shooter coming to the top as the opposition scrambles to cover multiple areas of the floor. MORE
Post drill: Ball Screen, Roll & Receive High-Low Pass
Run multiple cutters to the same general area, which provides you an offensive advantage and makes match-up zones struggle in their quest to defend you.
Why use this post drill
- Get your post players used to coming toward the perimeter, then move back toward the hoop in creating high-percentage scoring chances.
- Both players also get a shot during each repetition, which accelerates shooting improvement.
- You have a ball on the right wing.
- Place a post player on the ball side and one on the weak-side block.
- A second coach (or manager) has a ball on the opposite wing.
How to play
- Dribble left and have the ball-side post come high to set a ball screen.
- The opposite post relocates to the middle of the free-throw area .
- The ball screener rolls to the hoop as you passto the post player at the free-throw line .
- The new ball handler throws a perfectpass leading the roller toward the hoop.
- The roller catches and scores at the rim.
- The passer then turns and receives a pass from the other coach.
- The passer takes the jump shot so both players get a shot .
Here’s a simple diagram for setting up this post drill
How to perfect the technique for this post drill
- The pass to the roller should be high and hit the player in stride.
- The roller provides a high target so this pass can go over the top of the defense.